Friday, August 14, 2009

It's a mod, mod world...

Although it can be difficult to find fabulous vintage pieces in Germany, I have built up a healthy wardrobe practically exploding with a slew of vintage dresses and skirts, retro t-shirts, gorgeous high heels, and funky accessories. I tend to go through stages when it comes to shopping, latching on to one particular style, era or brand and buying pieces until my wallet can't take anymore abuse. Terrible, I know! :)

At the moment, I am loving anything 1960's- despite being a 1950's girl through and through, I can't deny how absolutely amazing mod dresses and shoes are. I'm particularly drawn to A-line dresses because they tend to fit perfectly and the high neckline means that I can easily cover certain tattoos when at the office (more about that later). Plus, who can resist the bright colors and funky details?

My latest find in this category? A 1960's "Stewardess" dress, bright blue with arrow-point pockets and white piping. Because German Ebay doesn't always have the best selection of authentic vintage clothing, I had to swallow the thought of extortionate shipping fees and order this lovely from US Ebay. Definitely worth the cost of shipping and the potential threat of having the package stopped at Customs... can't wait until it actually arrives!



I have always been a fan of wingtips and saddle shoes, but since my trusty Doc Martens bit the dust years ago, I have never been able to find another pair that I really loved. However, after I bought the "Stewardess" dress, I came across these in the seller's other auctions. They quite literally took my breath away and I managed to wake up at 3:30 in the morning to bid on them. Hopefully, they arrive soon because I can't wait any longer!



Both of these pieces will be great additions to my "fall" wardrobe, especially the dress because I can either wear a long-sleeved shirt underneath or a cardigan over it. Wingtips and brogues are back in style this season, so the shoes will be the staple to several of my outfits. They are sure to make a statement with a pair of colored tights and a vintage dress or skirt!
P.S.
For those who are interested, the seller I bought these items from has a great store on Ebay... she sells a lot of great vintage dress, shoes and other treats. http://myworld.ebay.com/intrigueu4ever/

No comments:

Post a Comment