Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Of playsuits and rompers...

When rompers and playsuits first re-entered the fashion scene, I was forced to reminisce about the 80's when my mother would constantly attempt to force a tomboy me into wearing rompers during the summer. Rompers were right up there with skorts in my book and upon their revival, I couldn't help but think of them in an ugly and unflattering light.

But, as many trends seem to do these days, the style started to grow on me... not the full-on bodysuits, but rather the short ensembles with cute designs and belted waists. I will admit that I am now in search of my very own romper, preferably vintage or at least vintage-style. Some of the more 1940's pin-up style rompers are absolutely gorgeous, but I haven't been able to find one as of yet because I was a bit late in the "warming up to the trend" department. So in the event that I can't find my very one-of-a-kind lovely, I would definitely settle for any one of these:

Ditsy Floral Playsuit from TopShop

Military Romper from ASOS

Dirty Martini Romper from ModCloth

No comments:

Post a Comment